TSPSC GROUP-IV Syllabus and Exam Pattern (Jr Assistant, Typist, Jr Steno) 2018. TNPSC conducts Group 4 Exam in SSC Standard level single paper (Objective Type) which is of two types. Also a test in “Proficiency in Office Automation with usage of computers and associated software” shall be conducted by TSPSC. Here you will get details of TSPSC GROUP-IV syllabus and exam pattern from below.
TSPSC GROUP-IV Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Phases of Exam:
- Single Paper of objective type.
- A test in Proficiency in Office Automation.
The Commission reserves the right to conduct the Examination either COMPUTER BASED RECRUITMENT TEST (CBRT) or OFFLINE OMR based Examination of objective type.
1. TSPSC GROUP-IV Single Paper (Objective Type):
1st part of the paper will consist 150 questions of General Knowledge and 2nd part of the paper consist 150 questions of Secretarial Abilities.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Q||Duration||Marks|
|1||GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||150||150 M||150|
|2||SECRETARIAL ABILITIES||150||150 M||150|
Language: Trilingual i.e., English, Telugu & Urdu
Paper-I: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- Current affairs.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science in everyday life.
- Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
- Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
- Indian Constitution: Salient Features.
- Indian Political System and Government.
- Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
- History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
Paper-II: SECRETARIAL ABILITIES
- Mental Ability. (Verbal and non-verbal)
- Logical Reasoning.
- Re-arrangement of sentences with a view to improving analysis of a passage.
- Numerical and Arithmetical abilities.
2. A test in Proficiency in Office Automation (Practical Type):
A test in “Proficiency in Office Automation with usage of computers and associated software” shall be conducted in terms of the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.133 and 134, GA (Ser.B) Dept., dt.12.5.2014.
This computer based test consist of 50 marks. The test shall comprise the four parts. Part A, B, C and D.
The candidates shall be given the text/matter in the Question Paper and they must type/reproduce it in the Answer Sheet. The formatting of the text should also be of the same type as given in the Question Paper.
|No of Part||Name of the Question||Marks|
|Part A||Typing a letter/passage/paragraph ( about 100-150 words ) in MS-Word||20|
|Part B||Preparation of a Table/Graph in MS-Excel||15|
|Part C||Preparation of Power Point Presentations/Slides (Two) on MS-Power Point||10|
|Part D||Displaying the content of E-mail (Inbox)||05|
Part A (WORD)
- Create and save a document using MS WORD: Deletion of Character, Word, line and block of text, Undo and redo process, Moving, Copying and renaming.
- Format the Text document: Character formatting, Paragraph formatting, Page formatting.
- Spell check the document: Finding and Replacing of text, Bookmarks and Searching for a Bookmarks, Checking Spelling and Grammar automatically, Checking Spelling and Grammar using Dictionary.
- Print the document: Print Preview, Print Dialog box
- Mail Merge in Ms-word: Create main document and data file for mail merging, Merging the files, From letters using mail merging, Mailing labels using mail merging.
- Table creation in Ms-word: Create a table in the document, Add row, column to a table, Changing column width and row height, Merge, split cells of table, Use formulae in tables, sorting data in a table, formatting a table.
Part B (EXCEL)
- Create and save a new work book in Excel
- Entering Data into Worksheet
- Editing data of Worksheet
- Formatting the text in the cells
- Formatting the numbers in the cells.
- Formatting cells.
- Copying format of cell along with data format.
- Changing the height and width of cells.
- Freezing Titles, splitting screen
- Enter formulae for calculation in the cells.
- Copying the formula over a range of cells.
- Inserting built-in functions in to the cells.
- Create graphs for the data using Chart Wizard.
- Format graphs in Excel.
- Printing of worksheet.
Part C (Power Point)
- Create and save a new presentation using MS Power Point
- Choose Auto Layout for a new slide.
- Insert text and pictures into a blank slide.
- Insert new slides into the presentation.
- Apply slide transition effects.
- Slide show.
- Set animation to text and pictures in a slide
- Set the sounds, order and timing for animation.
Part D (Internet)
- Browse the Net using Browser software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome etc.,).
- Search the Web using Search Engines.
- Create an E-mail account.
- Send and receive E-mail.
- E-commerce transactions.